Complex Homecare Assistant
Make a positive difference to someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Complex Homecare Assistants to care for our service user living with Motor Neurone Disease in their own home across Crowborough and the surrounding areas.
As a Complex Homecare Assistant, you will work to ensure that our service users with complex care needs receive the best care and support at all times. You will ensure that you provide assistance with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience of providing care to service users living with Motor Neurone Disease and will also be a driver with access to a vehicle.
Our app feature enables healthcare staff to have access to up to 50% of the value of their shifts on the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- A minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed every week
- Various topics covered in our free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
Shifts for this role consist of Monday nights, Wednesday nights and Friday nights.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 month's previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Salary of up to £15.91/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
Your local team
You will be based on the southeast coast of England where our Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
Skills & Training
With Newcross, you will have the opportunity to develop your skill set with a variety of free training programs all earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of different topics. These will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Basic Life Support and many more.
You could also study towards a range of different National vocational qualifications in different levels and subjects.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.