Complex Homecare Assistant
Are you looking to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Complex Homecare Assistants to care for a service user living with Muscular Dystrophy in Hastings.
The shifts for this position are for 4 nights per week from Sunday to Wednesday.
As a Complex Homecare Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with complex care needs. Your support will be needed with daily tasks, feeding and PEG care, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Our ideal applicant would have previous experience with Bipap and Cough assist but training can be offered.
This app feature enables healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day. Simply submit your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- 20 hours of work guaranteed per week enabling you to enjoy the benefits of a steady and flexible income
- Organised rotas set in advance to fit around your existing commitments
- Free specialised training programs covering a variety of topics and all earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £15.91/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free specialised training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
With Newcross, you have the opportunity to develop your skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, PEG, Epilepsy, End of Life care and many more.
Staff have the chance to work towards various National vocational qualifications.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
What are my next steps?
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.