Newcross Healthcare's journey began over 20 years ago, since then we have innovated, grown and developed to become one of the UK's most successful healthcare staffing providers, leading the way within our sector.
We've come far but our ambitions are big and we're now undergoing a fundamental change in the way that we conduct our business, putting data at the heart of our decision making. We are looking for an experienced and talented Data Scientist to organise and analyse the large amounts of company data we produce in order to draw actionable insight and drive commercial decisions.
Job title: Data Scientist - Contract (3 months initially with possible extension)
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Location: London - Brand new office at WeWork South Bank Central - with free coffee & beer!
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Package: £400 - £500 per day
This is a unique and interesting role working as part of a small, agile team to conceive, build and iterate on a range of exciting projects. Using data to drive new solutions and exciting technologies from the ground up.
Some projects the team are currently working on include:
- We're building a modern digital platform where data is key
- We're talking directly to users to understand their pain-points
- We're using analytics to identify opportunities for the business to grow
- We're designing and building mobile apps, tablet apps and web apps
- We are using a range of new tools and technologies
- We're creating systems to ensure consistency and to ensure we can move quickly as we grow
- Working with the CTO and other business functions to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to draw actionable insight and drive business solutions.
- Analysing internal data to identify business issues and drive the development team to implement meaningful features.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop algorithms and data models to apply across solutions across the business.
- Create processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
If you are a positive and driven person who enjoys working collaboratively then you will fit in great with our team. You will also need skills/ experience within a number of these key areas:
- Experience of using Machine learning techniques (decision tree learning, clustering, regression…).
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Elasticsearch is essential. Experience with Hadoop, HDFS or Spark would be a plus…
- Experience with databases such as SQL Server or BigQuery.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, Big Data extracts.
- Experience analysing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Google Firebase, Tableau…
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Maths or statistics Master degree or equivalent. A PhD would be a plus.
- Previous experiences with manipulating and transforming large set of data.