Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare’s Durham branch is based at Aire House.
It supplies the local areas nursing, residential and care homes with qualified care assistants, nurses and support workers as well as providing specialist care for those who need it.
If you're an experienced care assistant or registered nurse, we could have a job for you. Newcross Healthcare offers the flexibility to work when you choose, with the security of a permanent job.
5 Facts about Durham
- The city was founded in 995 AD by monks from Lindisfarne who were looking for a place to bury the body of St.Cuthbert.
- The city centre is a designated conservation area.
- Durham is the birthplace of modern English Mustard.
- There are 19 nursing homes within 5 miles of Durham city centre.
- The name "Durham" comes from the Celtic element "dun", signifying a hill fort, and the Old Norse "holme", which means island.