Located in the Scottish capital, Newcross Healthcare’s Edinburgh branch is based at the Quadrant, New Mart Place a short walk from the Slateford train station.
Edinburgh is a hub for healthcare in Scotland due to it being the home of the University of Edinburgh Medical School, the Royal Edinburgh Hospital, which specialises in Mental Health care and the Royal Hospital for Sick Children which focuses on paediatrics. There’s also two private hospitals as well as several NHS run hospitals.
If you're an experienced care assistant or registered nurse, we could have a job for you. Newcross Healthcare offers the flexibility to work when you choose, with the security of a permanent job.
Five Facts about Edinburgh
- The Encyclopaedia Britannica was first produced in Edinburgh. The first edition proved controversial as the anatomy section was deemed unseemly as it showed ‘unvarnished portrayals of the unmentionable parts of the human body.’
- Edinburgh has the highest number of professionals in the UK. 43% of the population has a university degree.
- In the 17th century Edinburgh residents tried a unique treatment for baldness; namely rubbing the burnt ashes of dove droppings onto their heads.
- There are over 140 Newcross carers assisting Edinburgh care homes.
- Edinburgh city council is working to make the city Dementia Friendly. The aim of the scheme is to educate residents and make those with dementia confident that they will be supported by the wider community.