This course provides attendees with an awareness of epilepsy, ensuring the ability to recognise different seizure types and be able to support patients experiencing seizures, ensuring their safety and dignity. It also ensures an understanding of the management of prolonged seizures and the use of rescue medication. Delegates will undergo a simulated practical based assessment.
- Demonstrate an awareness of what Epilepsy is and recognise different seizure types
- Be able to support patients experiencing seizures, ensuring their safety and dignity
- Demonstrate an awareness of the importance in observing and recording seizure activity
- Recognise possible trigger factors
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Emergency Management Plan
- Be able to demonstrate prolonged and serial seizures and respond appropriately
- Be able to demonstrate through simulation the procedure for administering Buccal Midazolam