This session aims to improve the learners understanding of dementia and its effects on the service user and how these may be managed to support the individual and their carers. The learner should gain a greater understanding of strategies that may assist the individual and their carers in the management of the disease and its effects.
- Understand person centred care
- Understand how to communicate with people with DementiaRecognise different needs
- Understanding the effect of stigma associated with Dementia
- Understand Feelings and behaviour’s
- Understand the impact of the symptoms of Dementia and respond appropriately to distress
- Understand how people with Dementia may be harmed
- Have awareness of legislations