You can change someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Oldham, Middleton and the surrounding areas of Greater Manchester.
As a Care Assistant, your assistance and support will be needed with a variety of important daily tasks. These vary but will include personal care activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Flexi Pay feature!
With Flexi Pay, our staff have exclusive access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shift on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Flexible hours with access to weekday, night and weekend shifts!
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Development
Working with Newcross, will give you exclusive access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of different topics. These will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in different levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Our Rochdale branch works continuously to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.