Make a difference to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to provide care to our service users in Oldham, Middleton and the surrounding areas of Greater Manchester.
What do we offer you?
- Salary of up to £11.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will be responsible for ensuring that the needs of our service users are met at all times in line with their personal care plans. Your assistance will be required with daily living activities, clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services needed.
What do you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends!
- Perks at Work cheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay feature allowing you to digitally submit timesheets by 5pm and receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during your completed shifts (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our friendly team
Our Rochdale branch works continuously to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
We now give you the option to do video interviewing! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.