Healthcare Assistants (complex needs)
Make a difference to someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Healthcare Assistants (complex needs) in North Walsham, Cromer, Stalham, Aylsham, Sheringham and the surrounding areas of Norfolk.
What will I do?
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will care for our service users living with additional care needs. You will assist them with personal care tasks, feeding and peg care, clinical needs, medication support and any additional services needed.
This app feature allows you to choose when you want to paid! Just submit your timesheets by 5pm and access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible contracts with a minimum hours guarantee
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
Staff could also have the chance to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.