Healthcare Assistants (complex needs)
Your Norwich branch will be located at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Do you want to provide service users with personalised care?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Healthcare Assistants (complex needs) to care for our service users living with additional care needs in King's Lynn and the surrounding areas.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will work hard to ensure that our service users receive excellent care and support at all times to enable them to live their lives as independently as possible. Your assistance will be required with personal care tasks, peg and feeding care, medication support, social integration activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our exclusive app feature allows healthcare staff to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts available
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Skills & Training
Successful candidates will have the exclusive opportunity to benefit from a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered will include Basic Life Support, PEG and feeding care, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Additional opportunities will also be available to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different levels and subjects.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.