This could be the perfect position for you!
Our Preston branch are situated right in the city centre - near Preston train station and St. George's Shopping Centre
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting for experienced Care Assistants to join our team in delivering outstanding care for our service users in Blackpool, Fleetwood and the surroundings.
Your New Role
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Providing everyday care to our service users
- Focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and their general well-being
- Managing clients' care logs and any medical requirements
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
We are looking for dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our caring philosophy, always with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
Why apply with Newcross?
We offer all our healthcare staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and other commitments.
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
Some of these courses include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our HealthForceGo app
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device to manage your rotas, payslips and timesheets on our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.