You can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users in Bury, Middleton, Rossendale and the surrounding areas of Greater Manchester.
As a Care Assistant, you will work closely with our service users and will assist them with a variety of important life-enhancing tasks. These will include personal care duties, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This feature gives you access to your wages before payday by giving you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why work with us?
- Flexible hours throughout various weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Development
Our wide range of free training programs can be earned through credits as you work and give you the chance to develop your skill set. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Successful candidates could study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different levels and subjects.
Our local team
Our Rochdale branch works continuously to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.