Are you looking to make a change?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care and support our service users living in Halifax, Brighouse and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with a variety of important daily living activities. These will vary in line with the needs of our service users but will include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Do you want to access your wages before payday?
Our Flexi Pay app feature allows you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shifts on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why work with Newcross?
- Flexible hours across various weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Training
Successful applicants will be able to benefit from a wide range of free training programs covering various topics and earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Further opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in various levels and subjects.
What do we need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Our friendly team
Newcross Healthcare's Rochdale branch works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
Apply today a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!