Develop your skill set with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to provide care to our service users in Halifax, Brighouse and the surrounding areas.
It is essential that you are able to provide excellent care and support to our service users with a variety of key tasks that will enable them to live as independently as possible. Tasks will vary but will include personal care, clinical needs and requirements, social activities and any other additional services required.
With Newcross, you will also have opportunities to develop your existing skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. The topics of these programs vary and include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton and many more.
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends to suit your ongoing needs
- An employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay app feature that gives you the option to access an advance of up 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £11.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our friendly team
Newcross Healthcare's Rochdale branch works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!