Join us today and make a difference to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Huddersfield, Brighouse, Holmfirth, Meltham, Halifax and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with various daily living activities in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our 'same day pay' service allows you to benefit from an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why choose Newcross?
- Flexible hours throughout weekday, night and weekend shifts to suit your ongoing commitments
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available throughout various high street retailers
- Various free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Development
Our staff have the opportunity to broaden their skill set and enhance their career with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover a variety of different topics including Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
You could also have the chance to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
You will be part of our Rochdale branch which works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.