Do you want to develop your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants in Huddersfield, Brighouse, Holmfirth, Meltham, Halifax and the surrounding areas.
Our friendly team
You will be part of our Rochdale branch which works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
- Salary of up to £11.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
As a Care Assistant, you will make sure that our service users receive continuous life-enhancing care at all times. You will provide assistance with personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any other activities required.
Why work with us?
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts across various retailers
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you the option to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekdays and weekends)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Skills & Opportunities
Develop your skill set with over 200 courses in various disciplines ranging from Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Further opportunities are available to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!