Become a carer with an exciting new team!
Newcross Healthcare are looking for dedicated Care Assistants to join our team in providing care and support to our service users across Lancaster, Morecambe and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Role
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times.
Your assistance will be required with their personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
Working with Newcross
Newcross provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We will also help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes ensuring that you always have the opportunity to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
Perks you will receive
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts from high street retailers
You will also benefit from our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Main Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and timesheets via our mobile app
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Branch
Our Preston branch is based in Guildhall St - right in the city centre - close to Preston train station and also St. George's Shopping Centre.
Apply now to find out more!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way