The Preston branch is one of our newest to be opened and is located in the heart of the town on Guildhall Street, close to the River Ribble. It provides the Lancashire region with experienced nurses and care workers.
Develop your skill set with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Lancaster, Morecambe and the surrounding areas.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
What makes us different?
With us, you will be able to take advantage of flexible working hours across various shifts, an employee 'Perks at Work' scheme and an innovative Flexi Pay feature.
- Salary of up to £11.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be
paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and assistance to our service users with various life-enhancing tasks. These will vary and include assisting with personal care activities, clinical requirements and any other additional services required.
Successful candidates will be able to develop their skill set with training programs covering various topics BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Medication Administration and many more.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.