The Preston branch is one of our newest to be opened and is located in the heart of the town on Guildhall Street, close to the River Ribble. It provides the Lancashire region with experienced nurses and care workers.
Do you want to make a positive difference in someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to our service users living in Lancaster, Morecambe and the surrounding areas.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Working with Newcross will give you access to flexible full time and part time hours, a Perks at Work scheme and our Flexi Pay feature.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive assistance and support with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services required.
- Salary of up to £11.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be
paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
Skills & Opportunities
Working with us will allow you to develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs. These can be earned through credits as you work and will include BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Medication Administration and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.