We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are looking for experienced Care Assistants to provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users in Preston, Chorley, Leyland, Kirkham, Ashton-on-Ribble, Garstang, Longton and the surroundings.
We offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and other commitments.
What to expect in the role
You will be responsible for completing a range of tasks designed to allow our service users to live as independently as possible. Tasks vary but will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
It is imperative that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each service user that you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
You can also benefit with accessing to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day with our new Flexi Pay scheme via our HealthForceGo® app
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Demential Care, Medication Administration, plus more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Meet The Team
Our Preston branch are situated in Guildhall St - right in the city centre - close to Preston train station and St. George's Shopping Centre.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.