Do you want to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Rochdale, Bacup and the surrounding areas of Greater Manchester.
What will I do?
You will assist our service users with a variety of tasks designed to allow them to live as independently as possible. Tasks will vary but will include assisting with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Flexible hours throughout a range of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts available in various high street retailers
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
Skills & Training
Succesful applicants will have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Newcross Healthcare's Rochdale branch works continuously to provide the region with exceptional Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.