Complex Healthcare Assistant (Homecare)
Are you looking for a way to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Complex Healthcare Assistants to care for adults with additional care needs living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas.
As a Complex Healthcare Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that our service users with additional care needs receive consistent high quality care and support with a variety of different tasks. These vary but include medication support, personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our exclusive Flexi Pay app feature enables our healthcare staff to enjoy having exclusive access to up to 50% of the value of their shift within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- A minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work every week
- Organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- 30,000 discounts available throughout a variety of nationwide retailers
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop their existing skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. The topics that we cover include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Apply now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.