Human Resources Operations Manager
We are Newcross…. an independent organisation providing highly trained staff and clinical expertise to help care for sick and vulnerable people. We've been providing exceptional healthcare across the UK since 1996 and have a nationwide network of 60+ local centres and training facilities.
Our business has grown and evolved immensely in recent years and so too has our workforce, which is why we are now expanding our HR service to the business with a brand new team based from our central Bristol office.
Job Title: HR Operations Manager
Reporting to: Head of HR
Location: Bristol, with occasional travel to other business locations as required.
Salary and benefits: £45-50,000 per annum basic salary, company car/ car allowance, private healthcare, mobile phone, laptop/IPad.
This key role will involve managing a small team of HR/ ER Advisors in shaping and implementing a brand new HR operational support service focussing on our healthcare workforce.
Some key areas of responsibility will be:
- Support the Head of HR and the wider team in delivering an impressive Employee Lifecycle.
- Develop and coach your team to take decisive and qualified action to investigate complaints and address all associated employee outcomes promptly and fairly.
- To be a subject matter expert on all Employment legalities and legislation. Keeping yourself updated on all ER changes and ensure our policies are up to date, easy to access and reflect our culture.
- Actively coach and upskill the operational leadership team in all employee relations principles and issues.
- Coaching and developing people management capability across the healthcare network.
- A confident, experiential and common sense approach to manage our defence against any external employment challenge.
- Play a key role within the Employee Experience strategy, looking at ways to improve experience and be seen as an 'employer of choice'.
Who are you?
- CIPD Qualified with least 8 years + HR experience
- Proven experience in being part of and delivering a business focussed HR service over multi-site and/or broad geographical area
- A practical 'operational' approach to all HR issues with a continuous improvement mind set
- Highly skilled influencer with strong business and commercial acumen
- Role model with highly effective communication and coaching skills
- Outcome focussed with demonstrable experience in leading HR projects to ensure successful delivery
- Results driven with strong attention to detail and the ability to judge priorities whilst working on multiple projects
- An awesome planner and organiser who has the ability to 'juggle' many balls but also has the confidence to coach and delegate to their team in order to get things completed
- Presence/gravitas, ability to influence senior decision makers and challenge when needed
- Highly IT Literate - MS Office / Databases
- Car Driver
- Happy to work across all business locations
- Smart, articulate, can-do attitude, hard working
- Desire to grow own knowledge & take on further responsibility as business grows
But that's not where it ends…
- You will be joining an exceptional, motivated, highly regarded HR team
- Your professional growth and ongoing personal development will be taken care of with the support of our in-house learning & development programmes
- You will work in, and help shape, an exceptional workplace culture
- You will feel part of something very special …. from charity events to conferences
- Be in no doubt….. You are unlikely to forget the experiences we give you ……