Help us make a difference!
As a Care Assistant in Shrewsbury and the surrounds, you’ll be the person that brings smiles to the faces of the people in our care. You'll be supporting a child with providing school support, personal care tasks, tracheostomy care, assisting them to school via transport, accompanying them home and providing them with medication support in a school setting. You’ll work as part of a small team of health and social care workers in the homes of our clients.
It is essential that you have previous experience of tracheostomy but full training will be provided.
This package of care is term time only but more hours are available in other packages of care across the holidays.
- An hourly rate of up to £13.11, including holiday pay
- Get paid as soon as you finish a shift with instant Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours on a rota basis so you can plan ahead
- Introduce a Friend - Receive up to £500 when you introduce a friend or family member
- Access to Newcross World, a new world of learning, to manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and mental health support
- Free DBS and uniform
You’ll have a minimum of 3 months experience of caring professionally or for a loved one under your belt, a valid certificate in Moving and Handling, and the right to live and work in the UK. We also expect you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift. Passion and determination to bring comfort and joy to our service users is a must. Smartphone device with internet access.
It is essential that you are a driver for this position.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
This Flexi Pay app feature allows our healthcare staff to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays!
Apply now and you can start within a week!