At Newcross, we believe everyone deserves the right to receive care in their own home. Do you?
We’re actively seeking an experienced Care Assistant to join our team in Plymouth, Ivybridge and the surroundings, encouraging our service users to live a rich, independent life. In this role, you’ll work as part of a close-knit, collaborative health and social care team to deliver quality care in the home, in line with individual care plans. Without support from people like you, these individuals may live a life in specialist units or hospitals, rather than in their own home.
Experience in tracheostomy care, CPAP/BiPAP, cough assist and moving and handling is required.
Here's what you'll get in return
- Salary of up to £13.15 per hour, including holiday pay
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota so that you can see your free time ahead
- An immersive learning experience through Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Free ongoing training courses and specialist apprenticeships to take your career in the direction of your choosing
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform
Flexi Pay gives healthcare staff the option to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of their competed shifts, even on weekends and bank holidays! The unique employee benefit can be found on our app, HealthForceGo.
Care Assistant requirements
To join our complex care team, you’ll need to have a minimum of 3 months experience under your belt and hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate. We do also accept candidates with experience of caring for a loved one. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial and the right to work in the UK is a must. As well as excellence in care, we also need you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Apply now and you can start within a week!