Become a Care Assistant today!
At Newcross Healthcare, we believe that everyone deserves to receive the highest standard of care in their own home. We’re actively seeking a Care Assistant to join our team in the Ivybridge area, just outside of Plymouth. This is a unique opportunity to work as part of a health and social care team on specific care packages on a regular basis. In this role, you will be working in the homes of our service users to assist them with a variety of complex healthcare tasks, in line with their unique care plans. Whether you have some professional care experience or have cared for a loved one or friend, we want to hear from you.
Experience in tracheostomy care, CPAP/BiPAP, cough assist and moving and handling is required.
Make the most of
- Salary of up to £13.15 per hour, including holiday pay
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota
- An immersive learning experience through Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Free ongoing training and development to take your career in the direction of your choosing
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform
Get instant access to up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts with Flexi Pay (includes bank holidays and weekends)! This exclusive perk is available on our app, HealthForceGo.
To join our complex care team as a Care Assistant, you will need:
- At least 3 months of experience caring professionally or for a loved one
- A valid Moving and Handling certificate
- The right to work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Ultimately, we are looking for community care workers with the right attitude. To join us, you will need to be an excellent team player with great people skills and have a true desire to help make a difference in the lives of vulnerable individuals.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Apply now and you can start within a week!