Personal care is a rewarding career!
As a Care Assistant in Torquay and the surrounding areas of Torbay, you’ll be the person that brings smiles to the faces of the people in our care. You'll become a valued member of our health and social care team providing quality care in the homes of our service users, in line with their individual care plans. In this role, you'll be covering day and night shifts to assist with personal care tasks, tracheostomy care, CPAP, BiPAP, cough assist and any additional services required. This role is a chance to make a real difference to people’s lives - without your support, they may live a life constrained to specialist units or hospitals.
Newcross Healthcare benefits
- Salary of up to £13.15, including holiday pay
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay, which means you’ll never need to wait for payday again
- Fixed hours on a rota basis so you can plan ahead
- Access to Newcross World, the new innovative learning experience
- Care for the caregiver with exclusive access to appointments and advice from NHS-registered GPs via a Virtual GP app and mental health support
- Free uniform and DBS
No more waiting around for pay day! With Flexi Pay, you can instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts, even on weekends and bank holidays. Flexi Pay can be found on our app, HealthForceGo.
You will need
- A minimum of 3 months of professional caregiving experience or experience caring for a loved one
- The right to live and work in the UK
- A valid Moving and Handling certificate
- Must share our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness
- Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial but is not a requirement
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Apply now and you can start within a week!