At Newcross Healthcare, we believe everyone deserves the right to receive care in their own home
Join our team as a Care Assistant, where you will be delivering personalised care and support in the home of a paraplegic gentleman with spinal injury. This is part of a 2:1 package of care, so you will be required to work collaboratively as part of small health and social care team. Your various duties will include assisting with a range of complex care tasks such as tracheostomy care, airway management, autonomic dysreflexia, bowel management, personal care, social inclusion and daily living activities. Training will be provided tailored to our client's care plan.
Shift patterns: days (8am - 8pm), waking nights (8pm - 8am) and sleeping nights (8pm - 8am).
To join our complex care team as a Care Assistant, you will need:
- At least 3 months of experience caring professionally or for a loved one
- A valid Moving and Handling certificate
- The right to work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Ultimately, we are looking for people with the right attitude. To join us, you will need to be an excellent team player with great people skills and have a true desire to help make a difference in the lives of vulnerable individuals.
Perks of the job
- A competitive pay package of £16.50 per hour, including holiday pay
- Get paid as soon as you finish a shift with instant Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Access to Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support with virtual appointments
- Free DBS and uniform
The Flexi Pay feature on our bespoke app, HealthForceGo, gives you the option to receive an instant advance of up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts on the same day! It even includes weekends and bank holidays.
Apply now and you can start within a week!