Our carers change lives!
As a Care Assistant in Saltash and the surrounds, you’ll love the fast-pace and variety that comes with supporting the day-to-day lives of residents in a range of establishments in your area. You'll assist with personal care tasks, making up bed, posture care, clinical needs, medication support, clinical needs and social activities. This role provides you with a unique chance to really grow in your career, take on new responsibilities and enjoy the new relationships that you build each day. Working for Newcross is an opportunity to become part of a supportive community, supported by like minded individuals.
Shifts for this position include weekends and they also occur from 8am to 11pm.
- An hourly rate of up to £13.15, including holiday pay
- Get paid as soon as you finish a shift with instant Flexi Pay
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Introduce a Friend - Receive up to £500 when you introduce a friend or family member
- An immersive learning experience through Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Access to virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and mental health support
- Face to face and telephone counselling to help you when life gets tough
You are in charge of when you get paid with Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets through app and this innovative app will enable you to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts even on weekends and bank holidays.
About your profile
You’ll already have a minimum of 3 months experience under your belt and hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate. We do also accept candidates with experience of caring for a loved one. The right to work in the UK is a must. As well as excellence in care, we also need you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift. Access to your own vehicle is desirable.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Apply now and you can start within a week!