We're looking for carers that make a difference!
As a Care Assistant in Truro, Redruth and the surrounds, you’ll be the person that brings smiles to the faces of the people in our care. This role is a chance to make a real difference to people’s lives - without your support, they may live a life constrained to specialist units or hospitals.
You'll be required to assist our service users with personal care tasks, posture care, ventilation, medication management, tracheostomy, suction, paediatric enabling, clinical needs, social activities and any other services needed. You’ll work as part of a small team of health and social care workers in the homes of our clients.
Night shifts are part of this role.
Takke advantage of
- An hourly rate of up to £15.45 including holiday pay
- Get paid instantly with Flexi Pay
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Introduce a Friend - Receive up to £500 when you introduce a friend or family member
- An immersive learning experience through Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
This exclusive app feature enables you to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays! Simply submit your timesheets through our app.
You’ll have a minimum of 3 months experience of caring professionally or for a loved one under your belt, a valid certificate in Moving and Handling, and the right to live and work in the UK. We also expect you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift. Passion and determination to bring comfort and joy to our service users is a must. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Apply now and you can start within a week!