Do you have experience caring for individuals with complex healthcare needs?
At Newcross Healthcare, we are on the lookout for a Care Assistant to join our dedicated health and social care team in Teignmouth, Torquay and the surrounding areas.. You'll be working in the homes of our service users assisting them with personal care tasks, posture care, clinical requirements, feeding and PEG, meal preparation, social activities and any other tasks required.
What you'll need
You'll have at least 3 months experience of caring professionally or for a loved one under your belt, a valid certificate in Moving and Handling and the right to live and work in the UK. We also expect you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift. A smartphone device with internet is required. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
With Flexi Pay, you have the option to immediately access up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts, even on weekends and bank holidays. Simply submit your timesheets via our app, HealthForceGo.
Perks at work
- An hourly rate of up to £12.59, including holiday pay
- A facility to instantly withdraw your pay
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Access to Newcross World, the new immersive learning experience where you can manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments.
Apply now and you can start within a week!