At Newcross, we’re leading the revolution in personalised home care. Join us as a Care Assistant
As a Care Assistant in Ryde, Freshwater and the surrounding areas on the Isle of Wight, you’ll play a vital role in safeguarding and supporting the vulnerable people in your local community during these unprecedented times. You will work in the homes of our service users, alongside a dedicated health and social care team to assist with various complex healthcare needs. Your day-to-day tasks will include assisting with personal care, posture care, clinical needs, feeding and PEG care, medication support, social activities and any additional services required.
Shifts: 2/3 nights per week, plus additional shifts are available during the holidays.
Care Assistant requirements
We require all complex care workers to have around 3 months of experience in a professional care setting or caring for a loved one. You’ll need to be happy assisting clients who may have limited mobility, however, if you do not have a valid Moving and Handling certificate, we can provide relevant training modules for you to complete in the induction process. Access to your own vehicle is desirable. The right to work in the UK is required.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
- An hourly rate of up to £11.85, including holiday pay
- Get paid as soon as you finish a shift with instant Flexi Pay
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- An immersive learning experience through Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Access to virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and mental health support
- Face to face and telephone counselling to help you when life gets tough
What is Flexi Pay?
The Flexi Pay feature on our app, HealthForceGo, allows you to instantly access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your completed shift! Includes weekends and bank holidays.
Apply now and you can start within a week!