Become a Community Care Worker (Male) and make a difference to someone’s life
As a Community Healthcare Worker, you’ll make a rewarding difference to people’s lives every day. We’re looking for a carer to deliver personalised care in the home in Freshwater, Isle of Wight and the surrounding areas. If you have a skill of understanding and encouraging people to live independently and be part of a local community then join us today.
This Community Care Worker (Male) role pays up to £16.40 per hour, including holiday pay. Our people and technology help you make a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing every day and allow you to receive generous bonuses when you introduce new carers and nurses to Newcross Healthcare.
We’ll support you with unlimited free training including access to Newcross World, our app-based learning platform for healthcare workers with over 400 free courses.
You make a huge difference. We give you a different level of support .
We’re dedicated to helping Britain get the care service it deserves and our Community Carers make a rewarding difference to people’s lives every day. That’s why we’re an accredited Living Wage Employer with excellent hourly rates and a range of benefits including:
- Same day pay with FlexiPay: get instant access to up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts even on weekends and bank holidays
- Wellbeing support: MyHealthPlan gives you healthcare and mental health support and access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs
- Long-term bookings: regular hours caring for the same individuals
- Make your working life easy and efficient: with our HealthForceGo app
- £500 when you introduce a Friend: receive up to £500 when you introduce a friend or family member
- Free welcome gift box and Newcross Healthcare uniform when you join
- Perks at Work: benefit from over 30,000 exclusive deals and discounts for your favourite brands across 20 categories including, groceries, fashion, electronics and more
As a Community Care Worker (Male) you’ll have an ability to provide care delivered with compassion and enthusiasm, while contributing positively to an individual’s physical and emotional wellbeing. You’ll need:
- At least 3 months experience of caring professionally or for a loved one in the UK
- The ability to comfortably assist clients with limited mobility
- A valid Moving and Handling certificate
- The right to work in the UK
- Experience preferred in ileostomy and urostomy care, although training will be given.
- A valid driving licence is required.
You could make a difference to an individual's life
In this role, you will be delivering personalised care in the home of a male service user who is diagnosed with MS and uses a wheelchair. Our service user is a sociable person who enjoys going out for coffee, to the gym, swimming and likes to have help in keeping his garden tidy. This role is an opportunity to become a true companion to our service user and will suit someone with great people skills and a natural caring ability.
You will be on hand to help out with various tasks such as clinical needs, personal care tasks, stoma care, medication support, social activities and any additional tasks in line with their unique care plan.
Helping Britain get the care service it deserves
At Newcross Healthcare we celebrate the best nurses and carers and we do all we can to make your life easier and more rewarding. We provide innovative technology to make your life easier and work more efficient, supporting you to do what you do best. We’re here to empower the people we care for to live their best lives – to develop life skills so that they can take pride in their own achievements.
Due to the occupational requirements of intimate personal care, our clients have the right to choose who cares for them in this instance. The requirements of our clients do not reflect the views of our organisation and we are an equal opportunities employer. We have a wide range of other jobs available on our website.
Join us to make a real difference today.