Community Care Worker
- Posted 17 April 2023
- SalaryUp to £18.49 per hour
- LocationShepton Mallet
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineHealthcare Assistant Jobs
- ContactNorth Devon Somerset Complex
Become a Community Care Worker (Children) and make a difference to someone’s life
As a Community Healthcare Worker, you’ll make a rewarding difference to people’s lives every day. We’re looking for a carer to deliver personalised care in the home in Shepton Mallet and the surrounding areas. If you have a skill of understanding and encouraging people to live independently and be part of a local community then join us today.
This role pays up to £18.49 per hour, including holiday pay. Our people and technology help you make a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing every day and receive specialist clinical training and ongoing support to take your career in whichever direction you want to go.
We’ll support you with unlimited free training including access to Newcross World, our app-based learning platform for healthcare workers with over 400 free courses.
You make a huge difference. We give you a different level of support .
We’re dedicated to helping Britain get the care service it deserves and our Community Carers make a rewarding difference to people’s lives every day. That’s why we’re an accredited Living Wage Employer with excellent hourly rates and a range of benefits including:
- Same day pay with FlexiPay: get instant access to up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts even on weekends and bank holidays
- Wellbeing support: MyHealthPlan gives you healthcare and mental health support and access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs
- Long-term bookings: regular hours caring for the same individuals
- Make your working life easy and efficient: with our HealthForceGo app
- £500 when you introduce a Friend: receive up to £500 when you introduce a friend or family member
- Free welcome gift box and Newcross Healthcare uniform when you join
- Perks at Work: benefit from over 30,000 exclusive deals and discounts for your favourite brands across 20 categories including, groceries, fashion, electronics and more
As a Community Care Worker (Children) you’ll have an ability to provide care delivered with compassion and enthusiasm, while contributing positively to an individual’s physical and emotional wellbeing. You’ll need:
- At least 3 months experience of caring professionally or for a loved one in the UK
- The ability to comfortably assist clients with limited mobility
- A valid Moving and Handling certificate
- The right to work in the UK
- Applicants must have a valid driving licence to apply for this position.
You could make a difference to an individual's life
As part of this position, you will be aiding a child with a rare genetic condition which has caused them to have developmental delay, muscle weakness and airway difficulties requiring a tracheostomy. Our service user is unable to walk or sit unaided and they require a wheelchair and a hoist for all transfers. This role will suit a carer who is patient, reliable and has relevant Moving and Handling training.
Your responsibilities will include supporting with personal care tasks and hygiene, management of tracheostomy, nebulisers, oxygen, pulse oximetry, oral suction, administration of medication and gastrostomy care.
Night shifts (21:30 - 07:30).
Helping Britain get the care service it deserves
At Newcross Healthcare we celebrate the best nurses and carers and we do all we can to make your life easier and more rewarding. We provide innovative technology to make your life easier and work more efficient, supporting you to do what you do best. We’re here to empower the people we care for to live their best lives – to develop life skills so that they can take pride in their own achievements.
Join us to make a real difference today.