Will you be a Community Care Worker who makes a difference?
Newcross give you more support and free training to make a rewarding difference to people’s lives every day. In client’s home Barnstaple, Landkey area. This Community Care Worker role pays an hourly rate of up to £16.40 per hour, including holiday pay. No more waiting for payday – instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts with Flexi Pay!
You make a huge difference. We give you a different level of support
Our people and technology help you make a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing every day
- Same day pay with FlexiPay: get instant access to up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts even on weekends and bank holidays
- Wellbeing support: MyHealthPlan gives you healthcare and mental health support and access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs
- Excellent hourly rates: get market-leading basic rates and out of hours top-ups. We are an accredited Living Wage Employer.
- Long-term bookings: regular hours caring for the same individuals
- Make your working life easy and efficient: with our HealthForceGo app
- Unlimited free training: access Newcross World, our app-based learning platform for carers and nurses with over 400 free courses
- £500 when you introduce a Friend: receive up to £500 when you introduce a friend or family member
- Free welcome gift box and Newcross Healthcare uniform when you join
- Perks at Work: benefit from over 30,000 exclusive deals and discounts for your favourite brands across 20 categories including, groceries, fashion, electronics and more
Make a difference to an individual's life
You will be caring for a service user who has dementia supporting them with daily tasks, following their individual care plan and providing respite for the service user's family. Our service user enjoys going out for walks and listening to music from the 1950s and 1960s, including Elvis Presley. They would like their carer to assist them on local walks as they are unable to remember their whereabouts.
If you are a friendly and reliable individual who is passionate about helping our service user live a happy and independent life, then this is the role for you.
Hours: day shifts 14:00-18:00 or 18:30-22:30
As a Community Care Worker you’ll bring
You have an ability to provide care delivered with compassion and enthusiasm, while contributing positively to an individual’s physical and emotional wellbeing. You have a skill of understanding and encouraging people to live independent lives and be part of a local community.
- A desire to make a real difference to the lives of people in need.
- At least 3 months experience of caring professionally or for a loved one in the UK
- Comfortable assisting clients with limited mobility
- A valid Moving and Handling certificate.
- The right to work in the UK
Helping Britain get the care service it deserves
At Newcross Healthcare we celebrate the best nurses and carers – and do all we can to make your life easier and more rewarding. We provide better support and technology to make your life easier and work more efficient, supporting you to do what you do best. Newcross offer work that fits around your personal commitments and location, combined with cutting-edge learning and development. We’re here to empower the people we care for to live their best lives – to develop life skills so that they can take pride in their own achievements. Join us to make a real difference today.
Apply now and you can start within a week!