Become a Community Support Worker (Female, for Children & Adults) and make a difference to someone’s life
As a Community Healthcare Worker, you’ll make a rewarding difference to people’s lives every day. We’re looking for a carer to deliver personalised care in the home in Haverfordwest and the surrounding areas. If you have a skill of understanding and encouraging people to live independently and be part of a local community then join us today.
This Community Support Worker (Female, for Children & Adults) role pays up to 19.44 per hour, including holiday pay. Our people and technology help you make a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing every day and you’ll instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts with Flexi Pay.
We’ll support you with unlimited free training including access to Newcross World, our app-based learning platform for healthcare workers with over 400 free courses.
You make a huge difference. We give you a different level of support .
We’re dedicated to helping Britain get the care service it deserves and our Community Carers make a rewarding difference to people’s lives every day. That’s why we’re an accredited Living Wage Employer with excellent hourly rates and a range of benefits including:
- Same day pay with FlexiPay: get instant access to up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts even on weekends and bank holidays
- Wellbeing support: MyHealthPlan gives you healthcare and mental health support and access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs
- Long-term bookings: regular hours caring for the same individuals
- Make your working life easy and efficient: with our HealthForceGo app
- £500 when you introduce a Friend: receive up to £500 when you introduce a friend or family member
- Free welcome gift box and Newcross Healthcare uniform when you join
- Perks at Work: benefit from over 30,000 exclusive deals and discounts for your favourite brands across 20 categories including, groceries, fashion, electronics and more
As a Community Support Worker (Female, for Children & Adults) you’ll have an ability to provide care delivered with compassion and enthusiasm, while contributing positively to an individual’s physical and emotional wellbeing. You’ll need:
- At least 3 months experience of caring professionally or for a loved one in the UK
- The ability to comfortably assist clients with limited mobility
- A valid Moving and Handling certificate
- The right to work in the UK
- This position requires applicants to be registered with Social Care Wales (SCW)
- Applicants will need to have a valid drivers licence and a car covered by business insurance to transport our service user to activities and therapy appointments.
You could make a difference to an individual's life
As a Female Community Support Worker, you’ll work alongside a friendly health and social care team to provide support to an 11-year-old girl who has cerebral palsy and can display challenging behaviours. You will encourage the service user to develop independence, express their choice and participate in daily living activities and community-based activities such as surfability, swimming and ski club.
The service users attends school, but some activities will mean an early finish, so hours of work will vary, including after school hours.
This Community Support Worker role is an excellent opportunity to help transform the life of a young girl whilst developing and broadening their skillset.
Shifts: Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays to support with planned therapies and activities. Waking nights and sleep-ins are also required for Mondays and Wednesdays.
Helping Britain get the care service it deserves
At Newcross Healthcare we celebrate the best nurses and carers and we do all we can to make your life easier and more rewarding. We provide innovative technology to make your life easier and work more efficient, supporting you to do what you do best. We’re here to empower the people we care for to live their best lives – to develop life skills so that they can take pride in their own achievements. Join us to make a real difference today.
Due to the occupational requirements of intimate personal care, our clients have the right to choose who cares for them in this instance. The requirements of our clients do not reflect the views of our organisation and we are an equal opportunities employer. We have a wide range of other jobs available on our website.
Apply now and you can start within a week!