- Posted 12 May 2023
- SalaryMarket related
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineOffice jobs
- ContactGeorgia Williams
Will you be the Data Scientist that makes a difference?
The difference we can make together:
Join us as we enter a period of exponential growth and opportunity – while keeping people at the heart of everything we do. First and foremost, Newcross Healthcare is here to make a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing, every day. We aim to become a world leading provider of healthcare services by utilising our platform to connect healthcare workers directly to those in need of care. Redefining work for nurses & carers by offering work that fits around their personal commitments and location, together with cutting-edge learning and development. Together we can help Britain get the care service it deserves.
The difference you can make as the Data Scientist:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to become part of a growing team that will help drive company growth by building tools to support data driven decision making and product development.
You will join a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Product Managers which helps define and implement solutions that will utilise advanced analytics, statistical machine learning and deep learning algorithms to help understand business processes, assess and guide product development and performance and better understand the market and the customer base the company operates.
The team will be working in agile mode utilising modern Python Data Science APIs on AWS cloud.
We’re looking for professionals that possess strong foundation on data management, software engineering and machine learning, and are willing to learn more and adapt to a modern data science development process using the latest tools to deliver high quality solutions.
The ideal candidate should be able to do research and implementation of state-of-the-art algorithms, to adapt them for the production deployment for the problem at hand by using industry standard open-source machine learning APIs.
- Identify valuable data sources and run exploratory data analysis
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
The skills that make you different:
- Strong Python and SQL development skills
- Proven experience with Scikit Learn , Tensorflow and/or PyTorch for building models
- Strong understanding on how to implement custom ML algorithms on Tensorflow or PyTorch to define custom architectures
- Solid understanding of ML Optimizers
- Experience with MLOps practices
- Experience in assessing algorithm performance, identifying Bias and model drift
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI , Tableau)
- BSc/BA in Maths, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
Our people make all the difference – that’s why we offer a different level of support
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual bonus up to 10%
- Pension scheme
- Wellbeing support: access to myHealthPlan for healthcare and mental health support
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 after the first year and increasing with length of service)
- Perks at Work: over 30,000 deals and discounts for your favourite brands across 20 categories including, groceries, fashion, electronics and more
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us and we will talk to you about how we can assist.