Financial Accounting Manager
Will you be the Financial Accounting Manager who makes a difference?
Financial Accounting Manager salary up to £70,000 + up to 10% annual bonus.
Location: Remote working with occasional travel to local offices (Devon/Bristol)
The difference we can make together
Join us as we transform our technological offering, entering a period of exponential growth and opportunity – while keeping people at the heart of everything we do. First and foremost, Newcross Healthcare is here to make a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing, every day. We are a leading provider of healthcare services through our platform which connects healthcare workers directly to those in need of care. We have redefined work for nurses & carers by offering work that fits around their personal commitments and location, together with cutting-edge learning and development. Together we can help Britain get the care service it deserves.
Our people make all the difference – that’s why we offer a different level of support
- Competitive annual salary
- Bonus opportunity
- CPD training opportunities and support with your revalidation
- Wellbeing support: access to Medicash for healthcare and mental health support
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 after the first year and increasing with length of service)
- Perks at Work: over 30,000 deals and discounts for your favourite brands across 20 categories including, groceries, fashion, electronics and more
The difference you can make as a Financial Accounting Manager:
In this newly developed role, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the group's financial records, as well as overseeing the preparation of financial statements and annual reporting in accordance with accounting principles and company policies.
The role also includes the management of the payroll function which processes the weekly payroll for over 6,000 Healthcare staff and the monthly payroll for 500 Support Function staff.
You’ll be great at:
- Managing the financial accounting and payroll teams, ensuring all activities are completed accurately and on time.
- Assist with the month end close, ensuring accurate and timely reporting delivered to the Director of Finance.
- Preparation/review of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis driving through improvements to schedules and procedures.
- Preparation of cashflow forecasts for the Group.
- To assist with the annual budgeting process for the Group.
- To own the implementation of any new requirements across the group, from new accounting standards to new disclosures.
- Manage the year end close, ensuring all internal and external deadlines achieved. To assist with the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and associated working papers.
- Ensure Tax compliance, working with advisors (P11D, P60, payroll, CT returns, VAT)
- Complete ad hoc financial analysis as required by key stakeholders
The skills that make you different
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Strong technical ability
- Strong management skills
- Expert understanding of analytics best practice and new/evolving analysis tools
- Customer focused and able to deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent finance system & MS office skills
- Experience working within industry environment (desirable)
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist.