Are you passionate about early childhood education and dedicated to nurturing young minds?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking enthusiastic and caring Nursery Practitioners to join our dedicated team in providing a safe and stimulating environment for children in Plymouth. We are an accredited Living Wage Employer with unlimited free training and a salary of up to £12.40 per hour (inc holiday pay).
This is a fantastic opportunity for career development and progression through externally recognised qualifications.
- Excellent hourly rates: get market-leading basic rates
- Flexible shifts in the palm of your hand: our HealthForceGo app makes flexible working easy. Choose full-time, part-time, day and night shifts at the tap of a finger
- Same-day pay with FlexiPay: get instant access to up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts, even on weekends and bank holidays
- £500 when you Introduce a Friend: receive up to £500 when you introduce a friend or family member
- Wellbeing support: MyHealthPlan gives you healthcare and mental health support and access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS-registered GPs
- Free welcome gift box and Newcross Healthcare uniform when you join
- Perks at Work: benefit from over 30,000 exclusive deals and discounts for your favourite brands
As a Nursery Practitioner, you will play a pivotal role in providing high-quality care and education to children aged 0-5 years. Working within a team of experienced professionals, you will contribute to creating a stimulating and inclusive learning environment, implementing age-appropriate activities, and ensuring the well-being and safety of each child.
- Provide nurturing care and supervision to children, ensuring their safety, well-being, and physical needs are met.
- Create and implement engaging and age-appropriate activities to support children’s development in areas such as language, motor skills, socialization, and cognitive abilities.
- Observe and assess children’s progress, identifying individual needs and adapting activities accordingly.
- Foster positive relationships with children, parents, and colleagues, promoting effective communication and partnership.
- Collaborate with the team to plan and organize daily routines, ensuring a balance between structured activities, free play, and outdoor experiences.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized environment, adhering to health and safety regulations and best practices.
- Support children in developing independence, self-help skills, and positive behaviour management techniques.
- Communicate effectively with parents, providing regular updates on children’s progress, milestones, and any concerns or achievements.
- Participate in staff meetings, training sessions, and continuous professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum experience of 6 months full time in the last 3 years is needed for this role
- The right to work in the UK
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in Early Years Education or equivalent (e.g., NVQ, CACHE, or relevant degree).
- Previous experience working in a nursery or early years setting is preferred.
- Sound understanding of child development principles, early learning frameworks, and safeguarding procedures.
- Passion for working with children, demonstrating patience, empathy, and a genuine interest in their well-being.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to engage children, parents, and colleagues effectively.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to plan and implement activities that promote learning and development.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, fostering a positive and supportive working environment.
- A proactive and flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of children and the nursery.
Helping Britain get the care service it deserves
At Newcross Healthcare, we celebrate people – the right specialist nurses and carers, giving the right standard of care in the right places at the right time – so that you can make a difference to the lives and wellbeing of those who need your care. We provide better support and technology to make your life easier and work more efficient, supporting you to do what you do best. Newcross offers work that fits around your personal commitments and location, combined with cutting-edge learning and development.
Join us to make a real difference today!