Will you be an Operating Department Practitioner who makes a difference?
Newcross give you more support and free training to make a rewarding difference to people’s lives every day. This Operating Department Practitioner role pays up to £38.00 per hour (inc holiday pay) East Kilbride, Hamilton, Cambuslang, Rutherglen area. Take your career in whichever direction you choose with unlimited free training!
You make a huge difference. We give you a different level of support
Our people and technology help you make a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing every day
- Same day pay with FlexiPay: get instant access to up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts even on weekends and bank holidays
- Wellbeing support: MyHealthPlan gives you healthcare and mental health support and access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs
- Excellent hourly rates – get market-leading basic rates. We are an accredited Living Wage Employer.
- Flexible shifts in the palm of your hand: our HealthForceGo app makes flexible working easy. Choose full-time, part-time, day and night shifts at the tap of a finger
- Unlimited free training: access Newcross World, our app-based learning platform for carers and nurses with over 400 free courses
- £500 when you introduce a Friend: receive up to £500 when you introduce a friend or family member
- Free welcome gift box and Newcross Healthcare uniform when you join
- Perks at Work: benefiting from over 30,000 exclusive deals and discounts for your favourite brands across 20 categories including, groceries, fashion, electronics and more
As an Operating Department Practitioner you’ll bring
The ability to work as part of a clinical team to prepare operation theatres, support with surgeries and assist across the theatres and hospital. You’ll also bring the ability to deliver high-quality care to patients before, during and after surgery.
- HCPC registration as an ODP
- 12-months experience in the last 3 years in a UK theatre
- Moving and Handling training (available when you join)
- Strong communication skills, teamwork and professionalism
- The right to work in the UK
Helping Britain get the care service it deserves
At Newcross Healthcare we celebrate people – the right specialist nurses and carers, giving the right standard of care in the right places at the right time - so that you can make a difference to the lives and wellbeing of those who need your care. We provide better support and technology to make your life easier and work more efficient, supporting you to do what you do best. Newcross offer work that fits around your personal commitments and location, combined with cutting-edge learning and development.
Join us to make a real difference today.