- Posted 13 February 2023
- SalaryUp to £38.00 per hour
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineNurse Jobs, Theatre Nursing
- ContactLondon .
Help make a difference as a Scrub Nurse!
At Newcross Healthcare, we give our nurses a different level of support to help them make a positive impact in people’s lives every day. We are currently recruiting an experienced Scrub Nurse to join our teams working in hospital theatres across London and the surroundings.
This rewarding role pays up to £38.00 per hour (inc holiday pay).
You will be responsible for working alongside the surgeon during procedures and operations to ensure that all equipment is accounted for, sterilised and readily available to the surgeon. Infection control will be an important part of the role, so attention to detail is essential.
Benefits at Newcross
- Same-day pay with FlexiPay: get instant access to up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts, even on weekends and bank holidays
- Caring for our nurses: MyHealthPlan gives you healthcare and mental health support and access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS-registered GPs
- Excellent hourly rates: we are an accredited Living Wage Employer
- Make flexible working easy: Choose when and where you want to work through our handy HealthForceGo app
- Unlimited free training: access Newcross World, our app-based learning platform for carers and nurses, with over 400 free courses
- £500 when you Introduce a Friend: receive up to £500 when you introduce a new healthcare professional with our exclusive referral programme
- Revalidation: exclusive access to RCNi decision-making tools and support with revalidation
- Free welcome gift box and Newcross Healthcare uniform when you join
- Perks at Work: benefit from over 30,000 exclusive deals and discounts on various brands and supermarkets
What you’ll need as a Scrub Nurse
You’ll have the ability to work fast and efficiently alongside a surgeon and clinical team. You’ll be alert, attentive and confident in making quick, accurate decisions. We also look for:
- NMC registration
- Nursing degree, ILS or ALS training
- 12-months experience as a Scrub Nurse within the last 3 years in a UK hospital theatre
- Moving and Handling training (available when you join)
- Strong communication skills, organisation, flexibility and good teamwork skills
- The right to work in the UK
Helping Britain get the care service it deserves
At Newcross Healthcare, our goal is to help people across Britain get the care they need wherever they are. We are focused on finding the right specialist nurses and carers, to provide the right standard of care, in the right places at the right time. With supportive teams, the latest technology and the flexibility to choose work that fits around your life and location, you’ll be able to start making a difference at Newcross.
Apply now to join our growing team of nurses!