VP of Product
These are no ordinary times for Newcross as a business - join us on a journey of process change & innovation as we transform into a technology company, while keeping people at the heart of every decision.
Our mission is to become the world’s leading provider of healthcare services by creating a platform that connects healthcare workers directly to those in need of healthcare services. Our Massive Transformational Purpose is underpinned by the motto - “Digitise the transactional, and humanise the exceptional’.
We're building a new platform from the ground up to enable us to enter a period of exponential growth and opportunity. We're redefining work for underserved Nurses & Carers by creating a biosphere of care, ensuring that every touchpoint with Newcross results in a positive experience they want to share with others.
We've released several products that have had a fundamental impact on the business, and you'll be joining at a time when we are accelerating change across all departments.
This is a rare opportunity to join us in a new and highly strategic initiative in a senior role right at the start of the journey. We are looking for a Chief Product Officer to join our Technology team.
What we’re offering
- Flexible working. Home Based with access to work in our office in central London for team meetings on an ad-hoc basis
- Attractive package based on experience
- 28 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing to 33 days after 12 months service. A further 5 days of annual leave can be earned through length of service.
- Subscription to online learning platform O’Reilly
- Hackathon days and personal development days
- Perks at Work and Medicash schemes giving you access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, cash back on a range of services including optical, dental and physio as well as exclusive employee pricing and discounts
- BUPA Private Medical Cover, a scheme that you will be asked if you wish to opt into
- Employer pension contributions 3% of eligible earnings
- MacBook & IT kit to help you stay productive
As a VP of Product you will report to the CTO and work closely with the top-management in executing our 1 – 3 year strategy. Shaping the portfolio of the next generation products, the VP of Product will envision the strategy that will allow the company to scale beyond the UK.
Your mission will be to:
- Act as, and be seen as, a respected and trusted strategic leader both to the product team and the wider organisation
- Proactively develop strong ideas and strategic proposals to drive the business forward
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers designers and data scientists to achieve superior performance (10x better products) that allows us to change the industries we operate in.
- Determine the product vision, strategy and execution roadmap for all our products suite.
- Represent your product suite to senior leadership and customer stakeholders, with full accountability for high level business KPIs (revenue, margin, burn, etc)
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Attract, build, manage, and develop a talented, diverse, equitable and inclusive team of product managers and product leaders
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on strategies and priorities leading to product execution
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Identify and initiate opportunities for new projects or focus areas and builds teams necessary to execute
- Work collaboratively with the CTO and other directors to contribute to the hiring plan & org design across product teams
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, products and platforms in our core technology stacks
What We Think You'll Need To Be Successful:
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing products in the MedTech space, ideally in different jurisdictions, and growth phases of the business.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in Product Management
- Evangelist and coach of modern product methodologies and agile practices; i.e., first principles, fail fast, prototyping, delivering value in slices of product increments in fast iterations.
- Track record of driving 10X value improvement for complex, data-driven products (Healthcare and AI-centric a plus).
- Experience in product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and development processes.
- Experience in driving commercial outcomes in the P2P space (Airbnb, Uber model).
- Experience working collaboratively with engineering, data scientists, design and user research teams.
- Experience of managing a complex multi-product portfolio spanning from mobile apps to web applications (SaaS a plus)
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing both individual contributors and senior leaders
- Critical thinking/analytical leadership experience.
- Proven ability to find innovative solutions to customer problems, by being able to unearth & solve the “problem behind the problem”.
- Proven ability to develop and coach high performing teams.
- The ability to balance and coordinate competing priorities across the company.
- Excellent storytelling skills, presenting internally and externally to multiple audiences.
- Fluency in English.