Care Assistant - Mental Health
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
As a Mental Health Care Assistant in Cardiff and the surrounds, you'll reap the rewards of assisting vulnerable people to live their lives in a dignified way. Your duties will vary, but the ultimate aim will be to ensure that the people in your care are safe, comfortable and happy. You'll work as part of a supportive team, and benefit from ongoing opportunities for training and professional development.
Want to get started? Go from application to active worker within just 48 hours. To make this happen, we'd need you to be available for virtual interviews, tasks and assessments, if your application is successful.
Here's what you'll need
You'll already have a minimum of 3 months experience under your belt and ideally hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate, though we can support you with this during your induction period. The right to work in the UK is a must. You'll need to be confident enough in your abilities to work independently but also able to work harmoniously in a team.
Joining us has many benefits. You'll be working for one of the UK's leading independent healthcare providers and joining a supportive community of over 9,000 healthcare professionals.
Instant pay with Flexi Pay where you can access 25% of your wages the same day you work a shift, including weekends and bank holidays!
Your benefits package
- An hourly rate of up to £13.84, including holiday pay
- Immediate pay with Flexi Pay, making the wait for payday a thing of the past
- A range of flexible shifts to choose from including part-time, full-time, day and night shifts
- Free training opportunities to take your career in whichever direction you choose
- Access to appointments with NHS-registered GPs through a Virtual GP app
- Face to face and telephone counselling for mental health support when you need it.