Care Assistant - End of life
Bristol's Newcross Healthcare branch is located in the heart of the city in Colston Tower, Colston Street. We are just a short walk from Temple Meads train station and are easily accessible by public transport.
Are you looking for a change in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to work waking night shifts caring for our service users at the end of their lives living in Bristol and the surrounding areas.
You will need to be able to cover waking night shifts from 10:00pm to 07:00am for this position.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users living in their own homes receive life-enhancing care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with personal care, clinical needs and any additional services needed.
It is highly desirable that you have prior experience caring for service users with continence care, medication support, monitoring symptoms and maintaining detailed records.
- Organised rotas to suit you
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Minimum hours guaranteed through our permanent contract
Our app feature allows you to access a unique 'same day pay' service and withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £13.41/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent contracts
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- 30,000 discounts within retailers in the UK
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!