Are you a carer looking for the next step in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Folkestone, Hythe and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide life-enhancing care and support to service users with a variety of different tasks. You will assist with personal care, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed or required.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Develop with us!
We offer a broad range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and with various topics to choose from. Topics will include Basic Life Support, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, PEG, Medication Administration, End of Life Care and many more.
Work with us!
- Flexible hours with weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
We provide our healthcare staff with the chance to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £11.78/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Flexi Pay - Access up to 50% of the value of your shift in the same day!
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.