Are you looking for a job that makes a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users in a variety of nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Blairgowrie, Meigle and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing high quality care and support to our service users with a variety of daily living tasks including washing, dressing, toileting, social activities and engage with them, their families, visitors and other residents.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Successful candidates have the opportunity to access a catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Safeguarding Adults, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton and many more.
What will I get?
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
With Flexi Pay, you are able to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts to choose from
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts to choose from retailers nationwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is based on the banks of the River Tay, just a short walk from the city's train station.