We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are seeking dedicated Care Assistants to join our team in delivering expert care and support to our service users across Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, Gorebridge, Loanhead, Penicuik and the surrounding areas.
Working at Newcross
Join us, and manage your own workload via our HealthForceGo app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours!
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress even further.
The Care Position
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
Meet the Team
Our Edinburgh branch are located at 5 New Mart Place, within close distance to both Slateford train station and Stenhouse Mansion.
- Salary of up to £12.37 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Interview via video call - you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview
Working for Newcross also provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
What you need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care role
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to a smartphone/device, with internet access to manage your payslips, rotas and timesheets via our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way