Professional care will change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for dedicated Care Assistants to join us in providing excellent care and support to our service users across Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, Gorebridge, Loanhead, Penicuik and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Role
Working as a Newcross Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring all those in your care receive the highest quality of person-centred care. You must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will play an essential role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
The Local Office
The friendly team in our Edinburgh branch work to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support. The office is based at 5 New Mart Place, within close distance to both Slateford train station and Stenhouse Mansion.
Same Day Pay
Do you find unexpected costs effect your life? Newcross Healthcare can remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
Free Training Opportunities
Working with us gives you unprecedented access to a broad catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover various topics and give you the opportunity to develop your current skill set.
Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Why Join Newcross?
- Salary of up to £12.37 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Interview via video call - you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview
Working for Newcross also provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care role
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to a smartphone/device, with internet access to manage your payslips, rotas and timesheets via our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
The Next Steps
To begin your career with Newcross today, simply click 'Apply' to submit your online application. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you!
Submit Your Application Today And Become A Member Of The Team!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way