Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals
Newcross Healthcare are searching for caring and professional caregivers to support our service users in Brighton, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Hassocks and the surrounding East Sussex area.
Your new role as Care Assistant
Our Care Assistants are dedicated professionals who promote the happiness, independence and quality of life of each individual they care for.
You will be providing care that supports life activities, allowing patients to live as independently as possible in line with their care plan.
What do we ask for?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We offer flexibility:
* Flexi Pay: Our flexible app feature will enable you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Flexible vacancies: Newcross gives you the opportunity to work full or part time hours, you decide! You will be able to organise your work schedule as it suits you whilst having a permanent contract with guaranteed hours.
* Salary of up to £11.78/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Perks at Work, many discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
* Free ongoing training and development
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
* You will also be able to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Our local branch is located on the southeast coast of England, Newcross Healthcare's Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
Our recruitment process
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.